Before the rechroming process can begin, the bumper will undergo a quick visual inspection. This alerts us to any issues in the bumper that we need to be aware of during the rechroming process. Then, there are several steps we take to ensure our customers are completely satisfied with our services:
- The bumper is sandblasted on the back and inspected to see if there is sufficient metal to endure the rechroming process.
- If the bumper passes inspection it is then sent to be straightened. Our experienced professionals remove all the dents and take out any other tweaks or irregularities.
- We then nickel strip the bumper. This is done chemically to achieve the best surface possible for re-plating.
- From there they go to grinding, this to even out any high spots and to ensure we have an ideal surface for plating.
- Next, we high speed polish the bumper to completely smooth out any grind marks. This concludes the surface prep for the bumper.
- Once fitment is verified, the bumper is nickel plated and polished.
- Finally, the bumper is nickel plated and then chrome plated.